Thursday, August 24, 2006

Again and again? God'll fight with us...one day...

Again and again I leaved Him...
Again and again He draw me back, back to His side...
I can say nothing upon His patience on me...
Last night, He reminded me this:


In Joel’s book of prophecy, God declared: “I am in the midst of Israel . . . . My people shall never be put to shame” (2:27). But earlier in the chapter God promised to fight against His people. A plague of locusts would descend like a ravenous army on the nation (vv.2-11).

It’s hard to fathom that the Lord would fight against His chosen people. But Israel had given their affections to other gods. In fact, God had fought against them before. “Wherever they went out, the hand of the Lord was against them for calamity” (Judges 2:15). I have learned that if my own heart wanders away from God, I can count on Him to fight to bring me back. If I become proud and self-assured, if reading God’s Word and spending time in prayer seem like a waste of time, God will step in and deal with me.

God will fight against us for our good. He permits us to experience defeat so that we will listen to Him when He says, “Rend your heart, and not your garments; return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness” (Joel 2:13).

Don’t wait for God to fight against you before you seek His face. Return to Him today. —Albert LeeAlbert Lee-->

Because our Father’s heart is grieved
Each time we go astray,
He lifts His chastening hand in love
To help us find His way. —D. De Haan

God’s hand of discipline is a hand of love.

"for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness” (Joel 2:13). "! Again and again He forgive me and again I sins Him... Why? I don't really intented to do such offence but I just done it...

"Lord, I'm not dare to promise You anything already. I can't prmise You anything! I always broke my own promise... Lord, guide me! Let the prmise that I made, like the rainbow in the sky, it never fade!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home