Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mission Impossible...

(007 music...)

"Dude, welcome to the mission impossible world. Press start menu in the camera. (My mom's face pop-up from the camera screen and saying):'Son, I gonna go for a Hi-Tea this sunday-12/11 and you have to take my place as a conductor for the coming choir practice ya?' Please throw the camera away. It'll explode in 30 seconds... Boom!"

I've learned some basic conductor skill...so that's no big problem in conducting... but when the day comes, I've just realise the pianist is not around and the other one is ME! No other pianist know how to play this song... That's how the impossible mission started...

I show them the version that other choir sang. And I correct them in the tuning part...and then we sing with the CD... I thought that's all...I'm done...NO!! Some didn't know their melody well...So I'm like running over to the piano and to the conductor stand like crazy... Luckily I got the wireless mic...if not, I must have fall off...

And, some request to sing with the piano instead of CD because the CD version is too loud, they can't hear what they sing... So, I play the piano, they sing without conductor... wow...that's the worst experience of conducting choir...and playing the piano AT THE SAME TIME!!!

However, I manage to end up the practice beautifully... and that's of course by God's grace and I've learned that I have to force the other pianists to learn the song also just in case the same thing happen again....

Well, fuh...mission accomplish...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home